PCA Unity Fund
Raise Up Minority Leaders in the PCA
Raise Up Future Minority Ruling Elders and Teaching Elders. The PCA Unity Fund was established by the 44th General Assembly to help raise up future generations of godly, reformed, African American and other minority Ruling Elders and Teaching Elders.
Scholarships supported by designated gifts to The PCA Unity Fund are offered to men of diverse minority backgrounds seeking ordination in the PCA as Ruling Elders or Teaching Elders. The PCA Unity Fund Committee welcomes and encourages men of diverse minority backgrounds seeking ordination in the PCA to request that their Presbytery or Session submit in their behalf the Scholarship Application for Men Seeking Ordination in the PCA.
Raise Up Future Minority Leaders Who May Not be Candidates for Ordination. MNA provides additional General Fund support for scholarships to any minority individual who may not be a candidate for ordination, but who is recommended by the church session as one seeking to serve on the staff of a church in a support role where advanced education will be beneficial to the church, its community, and the Kingdom. Although this list is not exhaustive, here are some examples individuals seeking to serve the PCA may consider: Children’s Ministry Director, Worship Leader, Women’s Ministry Director, Community Outreach Director and positions with PCA Agencies and Committees.
To see future generations of Reformed minority Teaching Elders, Ruling Elders called to the Gospel ministry and non-ordained minority staff members serving in the Presbyterian Church in America.
To subsidize the training, mentoring and development of men of diverse backgrounds seeking ordination in the PCA through partnership with churches and presbyteries.
- Provide scholarships to men of diverse minority backgrounds seeking ordination in the PCA as Ruling Elders or Teaching Elders.
- Provide additional General Fund support to provide scholarships to any minority individual who may not be a candidate for ordination.
- Provide General Assembly Scholarships for underrepresented minority Ruling and Teaching Elders and Licentiates.
Where We Are Going in the Future?
In addition to the scholarships described above, and in partnership with PCA churches and presbyteries, The PCA Unity Fund has these future goals:
- Provide Compensation expense subsidies for minorities serving as an Assistant Pastor in a PCA church, for the first two years of their ministry in churches.
- Provide Historical Research expense subsidies to explore the role that Reformed minority scholars, theologians, and pastors have played in church history.
- Provide Resources and support for minorities interested in pursuing missions with Mission to The World and college ministry with Reformed University Fellowship.